Photos and Media
Evaluations of the Citizens for Safe Schools Kids in the Middle mentoring program conducted over the years by the U.S. Department of Education, Oregon's Commission on Children and Families Juvenile Crime Prevention program and independent evaluator Frank Mondeaux, PhD, reveal numerous positive outcomes:
- 85-95% of our mentoring relationships sustain beyond one year (the singularly important outcome for realizing a host of other positive academic and social outcomes),
- 6 out of every 10 of our mentored students demonstrate improvement in core academic subjects
- 4 out of every 10 students show a decrease in unexcused absences from school.
In a control/treatment group study designed by the U.S. Department of Education, mentored students in our KIM program were:
- 3x's less likely than non-mentored youth (controls) to commit an act of delinquency at school or in the community,
- 6x's less likely than controls to reoffend if they entered the program with an act of delinquency and
- 2x's more likely to have a "future orientation"; i.e., planning for their future and staying in school
Other data compiled by NPC Research in Portland, Oregon, as part of KIM's participation in the state's JCP (Juvenile Crime Prevention) effort revealed after one year:
- 57% of youth showed both an increase in their number of protective factors (assets) and a decrease in the number of risk factors
- 79% do better in school
- 68% improved academically
- 68% get along better with family
- 37% showed a reduction in substance abuse
Our goal for 2016 is 100 mentors.
Our demand for responsible, caring adult mentors is very high. Research tells us over 40% of today’s youth lack the social supports needed to reach their academic and social potential. Ten percent of those are considered most at-risk. In Klamath County, that means over 400 kids desperately need our help. Give us a call to discuss how mentoring works. We need you!
p. 541-882-3198 firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00 - 5:00
2316 South Sixth Street, Suite A
Klamath Falls Oregon 97601
PO Box 243
Klamath Falls, OR 97601